WJPR Citation New

  All Since 2011
 Citation  2903  2393
 h-index  27  24
 i10-index  68  60

Login

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.
            Best Paper Award :
Dr. Muhammad Baqir MR Fakhrildin
Download Article: Click Here

Search

Track Your Article

Abstract

KNOWLEDGE ATTITUDE AND PRACTICES REGARDING VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AMONG A SAMPLE IN PRIMARY HEALTH CARE CENTERS IN BAGHDAD CITY

Ass. Prof. Dr. Atta Ah. Mousa Al-Sarray and Ayaat K. Alaa Aldeen*

ABSTRACT

Background: Violence against women defined by the united Nations “ any act of gender based violence (GBV) that results in, sexual, physical, or harm of mental or suffering to women including: threats of such acts, coercion, or arbitrary deprivation of liberty, whether occurring in public or in private life. Objectives: *To determine level of knowledge, attitude and practices of women regarding violence.*To determine types of violence. *To determine different associated factors with violence against women. Subject and methods: A cross-sectional study conducted at 40 multistage randomly selected primary health care centers (PHCs) in center of Baghdad the capital of Iraq. Data collection started from 1st November 2016 through 30th February 2017. There are 14 health sectors in center of Baghdad, six of them in Al-Kurkh side of the city and eight in Al-Russafa side. Using of available Statistical Packages for Social Sciences-version 20 (SPSS v20) for simple descriptive statistical analysis. Results: 33.8% of the sample was in the age group (25-34), while the old age group 55 and more) were the lowest group 5.3% in the study sample. Married women were the majority they were 81.5%, the remaining 18.5 were single 18.5%. More than a quarter of the women were exposed to verbal violence 79.2%. Showed that only 24.3% exposed to physical violence. Showed that more than half of the sample were exposed to psychological violence 65.1%. Women who exposed to sexual violence were only small group the constituted 22.4%. Women who exposed to sexual violence were only small group the constituted 22.4%. Conclusions: More than 50% of study sample had good and acceptable score for knowledge, attitude and practice. Most women were married, from urban area. Highest percentage of study sample (60%) exposed to more than one type of violence. Highest percentage for verbal violence and lowest for several types of violence. Highest percentage of persons who practice violence against women was the husband and followed by brother, while the lowest percentage was by grandfather.

Keywords: .


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Article Statistics

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More