WJPR Citation New

  All Since 2011
 Citation  2903  2393
 h-index  27  24
 i10-index  68  60

Login

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.
            Best Paper Award :
Dr. Muhammad Baqir MR Fakhrildin
Download Article: Click Here

Search

Track Your Article

Abstract

THE PHARMACOECONOMIC VALUE OF THE ETHYLENE OXIDE STERILIZATION PROCESS IN THE HOSPITAL

A. Belhachmi*, B. EL Mostarchid, Z. Laanibi, M. Mabrouki and S. Derraji

ABSTRACT

Introduction / Objectives: Sterilization with Ethylene Oxide involves removing microorganisms from reusable and heat-sensitive medical devices. The aim of our study is to estimate the degree of use of ethylene oxide as a sterilizing agent by hospitals and to highlight the benefit-risk balance of this process. Materials and methods: The questionnaire survey, the economic evaluation of medical devices and the bibliographic investigation were tools that enabled us to carry out this work. Results / Discussion: Of a sample of ten questionnaires distributed to hospitals, only 20% were exploitable. The rest (80%) declared that they had other techniques of sterilization of thermosensitive objects. The total price of the single-use medical devices selected was US $ 132814.08 (US $) while the price of sterilized medical devices for reuse was $ 24645.6. The bibliographic survey clearly revealed the toxicity of ethylene oxide for humans and animals. Conclusion: According to the results of our study, the risks are numerous but manageable in favor of the economic benefits resulting from the sterilization of medical devices by ethylene oxide.

Keywords: Sterilization, Ethylene Oxide, Safety, Risk, Cost.


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Article Statistics

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More