WJPR Citation New

  All Since 2011
 Citation  2903  2393
 h-index  27  24
 i10-index  68  60

Login

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.
            Best Paper Award :
Dr. Muhammad Baqir MR Fakhrildin
Download Article: Click Here

Search

Track Your Article

Abstract

ANTIFUNGAL SUSCEPTIBILITY PATTERN OF CANDIDA SP. ISOLATES FROM CASES OF CANDIDIASIS

Kavitha M. K.* and Dr. Arun B.

ABSTRACT

Candidiasis is one of the most prevalent and important opportunistic fungal infections caused by Candida species. Many studies state that even after introduction of new antifungal agents, drug resistance of Candida sp. will continue to grow and may become crucial, especially to fluconazole. The present study was conducted during a period of one year from September 2016 to September 2017 at a Tertiary care hospital in North Kerala. The clinical samples obtained were isolated and identified as different species of Candida. Antifungal Disk Diffusion Susceptibility Testing was performed using Mueller-Hinton Agar + 2% Glucose and 0.5 μg/mL Methylene Blue Dye (GMB) Medium – with pH between 7.2 and 7.4 and antimicrobial Disks for fluconazole, voriconazole, itraconazole and amphoterecin B. A total of 180 Candida isolates were obtained. 47% of the isolates were identified as C.albicans, 51% identified as C.tropicalis and 2% as C.glabrata. All the C.albicans and C.glabrata strains (100%)isolated were shown as sensitive to the drugs tested. 62% isolates of C.tropicalis were obtained as sensitive to fluconazole, voriconazole and amphoterecin B and the remaining 38% were obtained as resistant to these drugs. All the C.tropicalis isolates (100%) were sensitive to itraconazole. The study emphasizes on the increased occurrence and emergence of drug resistant strains of C.tropicalis isolates from cases of Candidiasis.

Keywords: C.albicans, C.tropicalis, C.glabrata, antifungal disk diffusion susceptibility test, Mueller – Hinton agar.


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Article Statistics

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More