WJPR Citation New

  All Since 2011
 Citation  2903  2393
 h-index  27  24
 i10-index  68  60


Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.
            Best Paper Award :
Dr. Muhammad Baqir MR Fakhrildin
Download Article: Click Here


Track Your Article



B. Jeevan Kumar*, A. Bharath Kumar and L. Lakshmi Reddy


Sickle cell anemia common in African countries and india. Haemoglobin A dominates throughout the human species life. Disease conditions have an autosomal recessive pattern of carrying from parents. The types of haemoglobin a person makes in the red blood cells depend on what haemoglobin genes are inherited from her or his parents. When both parents have sickle-cell trait,a child has a 25% chance of developing sickle-cell disease, 25% do not carry any sicklecell alleles and 50% have the heterozygous condition. In people heterozygous for HgbS the polymerisation problems are minor and able to produce over 50% of the haemoglobin. In people homozygous for HgbS, the presence of long-chain polymers of HbS. It is occurs when the sixth amino acid, glutamic acid, is replaced by valine to change its structure and function as such, sickle-cell anemia. Valine is hydrophobic, causing the haemoglobin to collapse. When the excess haemoglobin collapses on itself the red blood cells become sickle-shaped. The sickle cell anemia can be prevented through Drink plenty of water, Try not to get too hot or too cold, avoiding that expose to high altitudes due to hypoxia conditions. The complications of sickle cell anemia includes Stroke, chest pain, high pressure originates in the portal veins, vision loss, kin ulcers, gastro intestine complications. The investigation depend on various factors like blood cells count, chest X rays, urine analysis. Early identification and treatment of end organ complications. current researches relies on Curing sickle cell disease by stem cell transplantations, blood transfusions and gene therapy are important future directions.

Keywords: stroke, Haemoglobin, Heterozygous, chest Pain, urine analysis.

[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Article Statistics

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More