WJPR Citation New

  All Since 2011
 Citation  2903  2393
 h-index  27  24
 i10-index  68  60

Login

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.
Best Paper Award :
Dr. Dhrubo Jyoti Sen
Download Article: Click Here

Search

Track Your Article

Abstract

A STUDY TO ASSESS PRESCRIBING PATTERN OF ANTIHYPERTENSIVES IN PREGNANCY INDUCED HYPERTENSION AND EFFECT OF PIH ON FOETO-MATERNAL OUTCOME AT A TERTIARY CARE TEACHING HOSPITAL, DAVANGERE

Blessy*, Aswathy S. Sasidharan, Blessy Saji, Upendra N. and J. S. Venkatesh

Abstract

Background: Pregnancy induced hypertension has been recognized as clinical entities since the times of Hippocrates with increasing trends of morbidity and mortality. PIH is also considered with the increased risk of maternal and fetal outcomes. Evaluation of drug prescribing trends of antihypertensives and its diverse maternal fetal outcome is vital. Aim: To analyse the prescribing pattern of antihypertensives in PIH patients and the possible feto-maternal outcomes imposed due to PIH. Methodology: A prospective observational study was carried out for a period of 6 months in inpatient Obstetrics & Gynecology department of Chigateri District Hospital, Davangere. Results: A total of 140 patients were enrolled. Out of which 37 patients (26.4%) were Gestational hypertension, 84(60%) were Preeclampsia, 19(13.6%) were Eclampsia. Most of the patients belongs to the age group of 18-22 years (55.7%) followed by 23-26 years (30%). Among the 140 patients, 79 patients (56.4%) were Primigravidas and remaining 61 patients (43.6%) were Multigravidas. The pattern of drug prescription in hypertension during pregnancy shows that Labetalol (65.1%) was the most utilized Monotherapy followed by Nefidipine (24.4%). Among Combination therapy, 34 patients (63%) were treated with Labetalol+Nefidipine. Most common Maternal and Feotal outcome in our study was Preterm labour(56.4%) and low birth weight (38%) respectively. Conclusion: The present study confirms that monotherapy with Labetalol is effective and safer drug for use with adequate control on Blood pressure in PIH. Proper ANC with early diagnosis of PIH could significantly reduce its fetal and maternal outcomes in patients.

Keywords: Pregnancy induced hypertension, Gestational hypertension, Preeclampsia, Eclamsspsia.


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Article Statistics

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More