WJPR Citation New

  All Since 2011
 Citation  2903  2393
 h-index  27  24
 i10-index  68  60

Login

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.
Best Paper Award :
Dr. Dhrubo Jyoti Sen
Download Article: Click Here

Search

Track Your Article

Abstract

USING OF DIFFERENT MEDICATIONS (DRUGS) IN HOSPITALIZED CORONA VIRUS DISEASES-19 PATIENTS

Saad Saleem Raheem*, Sarah Abbas Obaid, Anaam Mahdi Dawood, Dhurgham Ali Mahdi, Mustafa Umran Abdulredha, Zainab Ali Ajmi, Dhay Emad Abd, Abbas Rahman Abd

Abstract

Background: The coronavirus pandemic is an ongoing global pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The disease first destroyed in the Chinese city of Wuhan in early December 2019. Materials and Methods: Descriptive study [cross-sectional study, one way analysis, T test]. Convenience sampling 300 cases of different medications used in treatment of covid-19 patients with varying in ages, gender and residence. This study was performed inHospital of General AL-Hindiya in province of Holy Karbala. The data collection was carried out for a period from the 1st of November 2021yrs. to the 1st of March 2022 Yrs. Descriptive statistically, one way and the comparison between the averages at the level of probability of the significant differences (P≤0.05) applying the statistical program SAS version 2010 by using one way analysis, T test (Wayne et al., 2010). Results: The results show the numbers of patients that hospitalized according to ages and domicile, there are no significance differences(P≤0.05), with apresence of significant differences in rates among the numbers of infected (male and female). Also the same infected numbers showed in patients of covid-19 according to domicile (urban, rural). The most of patients are hospitalized according to ages noticed in male about(51-60 yrs.) in comparison to female and the same numbers found in age(41-50 yrs.). Where as to domicile appeared the more numbers of patients in (41-50yrs.) who inhabit in urban compared to(61-80 yrs.) lived in rural. The results showed the percentage of patients that had the convene recovery in different ages about(84%) in comparison to the other percentage of mortality(16%). In general the numbers of patients that treated with different medications occurred in ages (41-50 yrs.) with the same rates as significant differences(P≤0.05) in ages about(51-60 yrs.) in comparison with another ages that appeared the lowest in rates of hospitalized covid -19 patients especially in((`0-20yrs.).In case of different medications among these patients this results showed the superiority in employing of drugs appeared in (Ceftriaxone vial, Dexamethasone ampule, Meropenem vial, Remdesivir vialand Paracetamol vial) when compared with the using of other different medications.The ratio of recovery and mortality according to gender in covid-19 patients used different medications in which the recover ratio reached in male more than female in comparison with the mortality at the same gender as follow ((30 (10%), 18 (6%)) with the same significance (p≤0.05).

Keywords: Covid-19, medications, ages, domicile, gender.


[Full Text Article]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Article Statistics

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More