WJPR Citation New

  All Since 2019
 Citation  7475  4312
 h-index  28  21
 i10-index  197  83

Login

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.
Best Paper Award :
Dr. Dhrubo Jyoti Sen
Download Article: Click Here

Search

Track Your Article

Abstract

THE SUCCESS OF VAGINAL BIRTH IN WOMEN WITH PREVIOUS ONE CAESAREAN SECTION AT OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY

Zaib un nisa Magsi*, Firdous Ara, Momy Gul, Mahrang Aslam and Bilqees Asalam

.

Abstract

Background: Caesarean section is the commonest surgical procedure in obstetrics worldwide.[1] The purpose of cesarean section is to decrease fetal and maternal mortality. At population level, rate of caesarean section more than 10% are not linked with decreased rate of maternal and neonatal mortality.[2] Study shows that at present 18.6 of total birth occurs by caesarean section.[3] Previous caesarean section in woman is one of the main cause of rising caesarean section rate. Objective: To determine the success of vaginal birth in women with previous one caesarean section at Obstetrics and Gynecology BMC/ Sandeman Provincial Hospital Quetta. Study design duration of study: The Present Cross Sectional study From June, 2019 to June, 2020. Methods: Pregnant women whether booked or not who visited antenatal clinics and labor room and were successful to fulfill the inclusion and exclusion criteria were made part of this study. Written and inform consent was taken from them. They were admitted, history was taken from all pregnant woman of reproductive age with gestational age of 37-40 week of gestation with single alive cephalic baby with previous one caesarean section, per abdominal examination done to assess fundal height, lie, fetal heart rate, per vaginal done, bishop sore and assessed for pelvic adequacy. Results: As per frequencies and percentages for vaginal birth after previous CS, 142 (40.0%) patients were recorded with successful vaginal birth after previous CS while remaining 213 (60.0%) was not successful. Conclusion: I have come to this conclusion that women with a history of one previous CS, who undergo IOL, have lower success rates of vaginal delivery. They also have higher risk of CS delivery due to fetal distress. However, previous normal vaginal delivery increases the success rate of VBAC.

Keywords: Induction of Labor, Previous Lower Segment Cesarean Section, Prostaglandin.


[Full Text Article]  [Download Certificate]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Article Statistics

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More