WJPR Citation New

  All Since 2019
 Citation  7475  4312
 h-index  28  21
 i10-index  197  83

Login

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.
Best Paper Award :
Dr. Dhrubo Jyoti Sen
Download Article: Click Here

Search

Track Your Article

Abstract

COMPREHENSIVE STUDY OF RISK FACTORS AND DRUG USE PATTERNS IN ANAEMIC PATIENTS IN TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL, CHITRADURGA

Shashank K. J.*, Shrinivas Talawar and Yogananda R.

.

Abstract

Objectives: According to the WHO, anaemia is a state in which the body's ability to transport oxygen is insufficient because there are low red blood cells and less haemoglobin in the blood. Anaemia is a sign of both poor health and nutrition. Anaemia is a frequent disorder that can be classified as microcytic, megaloblastic, or haemolytic in nature. To assess the risk factors and drug use pattern in Anaemic patients in Tertiary Care Hospital, Chitradurga. Materials and Methods: This was A prospective observational study carried out among the Anaemic patients in Tertiary Care Hospital, Chitradurga. Data were entered selfdesigned data collection form. The data was collected and analyzed in Microsoft Excel sheet. Results: Out of 210 Participants in that 163 (77.61%) are belongs to vegetarian group and remaining 47 (22.38%) were belongs to non-vegetarian group. The most common risk factors are Generalized Weakness 93, Easy Fatiguability 37, Fever 35, Decreased Appetite 19, Heavy Menstrual Bleeding 22, Genetics 29, and Amenorrhea 56. In 210 cases, 62 (29.52%) patients are having comorbidity condition and remaining 148 (70.47%) are not having comorbidities. The most frequently prescribed drugs are PRBC 149 (70.952%), followed by Ferrous Ascorbate & Folic Acid 151 (71.904%), Vitamin B Complex 51 (24.285%), Nutritive Protein Powder 71 (33.809%). Conclusion: This study concludes that female (childbearing age) is more prone to anaemia. Adolescents require extra iron because their bodies are growing and developing quickly so advise them to maintain healthy diet and more intake of green vegetables, fruits, and iron rich diet.

Keywords: Anaemia, Pregnant, Nutritional deficiency, Diet.


[Full Text Article]  [Download Certificate]

Call for Paper

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Email & SMS Alert

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Article Statistics

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More

Online Submission

World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (WJPR)
Read More